BPA Students Succeed at Competition

Andrew Reesman (12) presents his speech for his Broadcast News presentation. Reesman and his team won a first place ranking for the BPA competition in January.

On Saturday, members of Business Professionals of America arrived at Lake Central at six in the morning and left at four in the evening with multiple high ranks.

The success of individuals and teams in a variety of different competitions led to the advancement of 39 students to the BPA State Leadership Conference. Amanda Onest(12), Stephen Macnak (12), Andrew Reesman (12) and Jeremy Huisenga (12) received a first place rank for their Broadcast News presentation.

“(We) had to create news segment, record it, and then answer questions on what steps we took to create the video. Overall the team did really well and most of us are advancing to the state championship.” Onest said.

Lake Central students who also won first place ranks included Christopher Albright (12), Nicholas Biegel (10), Joseph Brown (11), Joseph Clark (11), Brian Companik (12), Brandon Evers (11), Nicholas Fernandez (12), Brandon Grabarek (9), Robert Hemmerling (11), Ryan Hunter (12), Isaac Knol (12), Paul Lai (12), Theresa Lai (11), Cory Lehnert (11), Brandon Long (10), Kathryn Pino (12), Alyssa Portela (11), George Arnold Rex (12), Noah Sarkey (11), and Katie Schonberger (11).

The BPA State Leadership Conference is in Indianapolis on March 10 through 12.