Environmental Club Readies for Earth Day

With Earth Day coming up within a few weeks, the Environmental Club spent their meeting on Tuesday, January 23, working on posters to promote a safer and healthier environment. Brayden McCoyy (11) worked on creating a poster while listening to Brandon Kozel (11) lecture on how to help improve Earth’s atmosphere.

The Environmental Club met Tuesday, Jan. 22, to discuss two topics: the atmosphere and Earth Day.

“My friend actually wanted to join but didn’t want to go alone, so I went with her and actually ended up enjoying the club very much,” Nicole Kekelik (11) said.

The club, though small, is working hard to help improve the natural surroundings of our school and community.

“It’s fun to be there [at meetings] and we try to figure out ways to help the environment,” Kekelik (11) said.

Brandon Kozel took the opportunity during Tuesday’s meeting to explain the atmosphere. Kozel pointed key components of what makes up the Earth’s atmosphere.

“The atmosphere isn’t just a mix of gases. It’s being harmed by different things, like acid rain,” Kozel (11) said.

The Environmental Club will be selling Earth Day T-shirts beginning next week. Order forms can be picked up in either Mrs. Ruiz’s room or Mrs. Shupryt’s room, rooms 9218 or A115.