Best Buddies Decorate Snowmen

Krysta+Rietveld+%2810%29+and+Taylor+Barchi+%2810%29+wrap+toilet+paper+around+Chase+Lowden+%2810%29+in+order+to+decorate+him+as+a+snowman+during+a+Best+Buddies+meeting.+The+club+took+part+in+different+activities+at+the+meetings.+
Krysta Rietveld (10) and Taylor Barchi (10) wrap toilet paper around Chase Lowden (10) in order to decorate him as a snowman during a Best Buddies meeting. The club took part in different activities at the meetings.

Best Buddies club held their semi-weekly meeting on Monday, where the members shared food and competed in a snowman decorating contest.

The club usually plans an activity for every meeting, and this week’s activity included decorating three of the club members as snowmen. These designated “snowmen” were wrapped in toilet paper and decorated with construction paper.

“I think everyone enjoyed the meeting because the fun was centered around food and friendship,” Noah Sarkey (11), club secretary, said.

Best Buddies has been meeting all year, and along the way has established friendships between students with disabilities and students in general education. Many of the members were paired with each other earlier in the year and have developed lasting friendships.

“Best Buddies is going well and it’s been a good year. It’s been nice to meet all the new buddies,” Sarkey said.

Best Buddies meets every white day Monday. See Mrs. Clark in E102 with any questions.