Putting the Ping Back in Pong

Peter+Boyd+%2812%29+hits+a+backhand+to+Eric+Forbes+%2812%29+during+their+intense+game+of+table+tennis%2C+while+Tracilyn+Muszalski+%2811%29+plays+Daniel+Fox+%2812%29+on+the+behind+table.++Mrs.+Joan+Loden%2C+Math%2C+started+the+club+four+years+ago+with+some+of+her+Calculus+students.+
Peter Boyd (12) hits a backhand to Eric Forbes (12) during their intense game of table tennis, while Tracilyn Muszalski (11) plays Daniel Fox (12) on the behind table. Mrs. Joan Loden, Math, started the club four years ago with some of her Calculus students.

Student Council and Class Cabinet are well known clubs at Lake Central, but many students are unaware of the Table Tennis Club, which is recognized by the school as club.

Mrs. Joan Loden, Math, first started the club four years ago when her Calculus students asked her to create it. Then last year, the club started up again after Melanie Grozdanoska (‘12) asked. This year, Nicole Vetroczky took Grozdanoska’s position as president of the club.

“Melanie awarded [the position] to me last year because I was always here,” Nicole Vetroczky (12) said.

The Table Tennis Club is open to anyone and continues to grow in numbers. They meet every other Wednesday, in the upper hallways of the Freshman Center. Students play up until 4 p.m.

“It’s a pretty cool club to be [involved] in. We just hang out and play for fun,” Peter Boyd (12) said.