Art Club meets for Valentine’s Day Party

Jenna Resendiz (11) heats the design on her Valentine’s Day card. Other art club members prepped their cards to be embellished.

The Art Club met on Feb. 13 after school in Mrs. Sandy Bushong’s, Art, room to make Valentine’s Day cards and have a party for the holiday.

Art Club members ate snacks before the meeting began in celebration of the upcoming holiday. Once they were finished, Bushong started her demonstration of the project, Valentine’s Day cards, they would be completing.

“The cards were a cute idea because it’s nice to have something handmade to give someone,” Jenna Resendiz (11) said.

The students embellished cards with stamps and glitter powder, and then applied heat to the design to solidify it onto the paper.

Art Club is a great opportunity to learn about new art projects and techniques. Students have fun and get involved at the same time.

“Art club is a good way to spend time with friends and it’s another club to put on college applications,” Resendiz said.

Art Club is held right after school in room V122, when announced by Mrs. Bushong.