Thespians Welcome Alumni Home

Last Saturday night, March 2, Lake Central Theater students gathered in Town Square to welcome back alumni with a dinner prior to the evening’s performance of “Once on this Island.”

“Normally, the alumni come and perform in the show during the annual alumni night performance on Friday night. The cast was so small this year that Mrs. Neth decided to have a dinner for the alumni instead,” Brianna Mamelson (11) said.

Alumni usually perform on Friday night during the second weekend of shows, but this change seemed to draw in more alumni than usual.

“The turnout was good; we got more people than we thought we would. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. We had some great helpers,” Jill Ryan (12) said.

Theater alumni stay active in Lake Central Theater Company even after they graduate. For example, Tyler Mills and Michael Flores (’10) go to college locally and have helped Mrs. Neth, co-directing this year’s musical alongside her.

Between opening night and all the alumni festivities, the opening weekend for the Spring musical was a success. The show continues this weekend with performances March 7, 8 and 9 in the LC Auditorium at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12 for adults, $10 for students and seniors and $7 for children 12 and under.