Girls Track Takes on Munster

Hurdlers Etura Williams (10), Morgan Olson (9), and Samantha Lane (9) sprint through the 50-meter hurdle race with their Munster competitors on their tails. The dual meet took place on Saturday, March 9 at 8:30 a.m.

On Saturday, March 9 the girls track team competed in an unscored home meet against one of the schools’ biggest rivals-the Munster Mustangs.

“Not much has changed, we’ll still have outdoor meets but we just won’t host any,” Holly Blair (10) said.

Due to school renovations, the outdoor track has been uprooted and both the girls and boys team have had no choice but to conduct their home meets indoors, and even with all the changes, the girls still manage to keep their eyes on the prize – the State Championship.

“As a team, as usual, our goal is to make it to State. Individually you set goals for yourself, whether it’s to jump farther or run faster, you always just want to beat the times, ” Blair said.

With the majority of the competitive season ahead, the girls have set different goals for themselves, but they all agree that becoming unified as a team is the most important to each and every one of them.

“My favorite event is the 200-[meter] dash because it’s still a short distance. The 400 is the most difficult event” Blair said.