Table Tennis Smashes Their Way into the Freshmen Center

Daniel Fox (12) volleys the ball back to his partner Peter Boyd (12). Table Tennis Club meets every other Wednesday in the upstairs freshman center hallway.

After pulling out tables from the upstairs gym and into the freshman center hallways, the Table Tennis Club spent time practicing their skills and playing each other.

“I’ve always enjoyed playing ping-pong with my family, so I wanted to test my athletic prowess against other players from Lake Central,” Noah Sarkey (11) said.

Sponsor Mrs. Joan Loden, Math, started this club per request from a few of her students. They are open to anyone and meet every other Wednesday in the upstairs freshman center.

“Ping pong club has helped me expand my friendships to people that I didn’t expect to ever even meet. It’s nice to be able to relax after a school day and do something fun with my friends,” Sarkey said.

Club members are able to play a relaxing game of table tennis against their friends and fellow club members. Members are also able to test their reflexes. Contact Mrs. Loden in E201 with any further questions.