Keep it Real and Do Some Good Out There

In 2012, the incoming freshmen were not the only ones to have a new beginning in high school. Mr. Robin Tobias stepped up on the hierarchy scale and became the head principal. With the tragedies across the globe, and the misfortunes in the student body, Tobias kept a strong mindset and continued business as usual.

“[Mr. Tobias] works from 5:30 a.m. and the earliest I’ve seen him leave is 6 p.m. You have to work long hours to try and manage this building,” Mr. Ed Beck, Assistant Principal, said.

As the day drags on, Tobias does not let the hours pull his focus or lively attitude.

“Mr. Tobias sure has a ton of energy. He has had a lot thrown at him because he is not only dealing with school issues, but he is also dealing with the construction and its issues. Throughout everything he has always maintained a positive attitude,” Mrs. Lori Brumm, Secretary, said.

His colleagues in the office all agree that he is an asset to this school. He keeps the fort down and energy up.

“He’s done a great job at leading us through the changes we have had and will be going through,” Mr. Marty Freeman, Assistant Principal, said.

2012-2013 has brought many challenges for the Indians. Tobias has kept the faculty and student body informed on construction and everything else that has happened beyond the doors of the horseshoe.

“He’s done a wonderful job with the challenges of implementing a new evaluation system, handling the construction project, and having to deal with the loss of 10 teaching positions next year,” Mr. Beck said.

With all the hardships he has to endure, Tobias still motivates students to “keep it real and do some good out there.”