A Few Closing Remarks

Even though the school year is swiftly coming to a close, Lake Central Theater Company is already getting ready for another productive season. On Tuesday, May 21, there was a callout meeting for the summer show, “The Prisoner of Second Avenue” by Neil Simon.

“The show is about a man who lives in Manhattan named Mel, and basically everything in his life that could go wrong does. It’s a great comedy by Neil Simon. Show dates are July 11th through the 14th,” Mrs. Pam Neth, English, said.

The following day, May 22, there was a meeting held in Mr. Ray Palasz’s, English, room after school to discuss this summer’s sponsorship program. LCTC is a completely self-funded program, and every summer, thespians are put to the challenge of raising money for the following school year’s season.

“[During the meeting] we went over everything we needed to know about how to get sponsors. After that, we picked our sponsorship teams. They are a lot of work but it’s a lot of fun and it’s another way for all of us to bond,” Brianna Mamelson (11) said.

Today, May 23, Mr. Palasz will hold another meeting after school. This one is to prepare any interested students for next year’s state conference.

“We’re going to talk about the different requirements for different categories and deadlines people will have to meet in order to compete. Also, we’re going to formulate a plan as well as discuss how we’re going to prep ourselves,” Mr. Palasz said.