N-teens talks new opportunities

On Tuesday, Oct. 8, the N-teens club held a meeting in the old library to discuss the month’s upcoming volunteer opportunities.

“We get volunteer opportunities for just about anything. We go to school events, walks, festivals, vendors, sporting events and just about anything you can possibly think of. We also do teacher appreciation and Winter Formal,” Kayla Hallowell (11), Vice President, said.

The meeting offered information about the Winter Formal and Prom registration. To be eligible to purchase tickets this year, any student applying must register their student Gmail account, as the confirmation email will be sent to that address. The meeting also provided several new volunteer opportunities.

“I joined N-teens because I wanted to help others, and volunteering is one of the best ways to do so,” Sean Meyer (10) said.

N-teens’ primary goal is to provide students with the ability to help the community..

“The best part about N-teens, in my opinion, is meeting new people, seeing past members joining again and being able to be part of the community and making a difference,” Hallowell said.

About 40 students, including several new faces, participated in the meeting that lasted 20 minutes.

“I like N-teens because you get really close with the people you volunteer with. You’re also exposed to some really interesting activities and organizations,” Eva Kimberly (10) said.

Dues to join the club is $5, and students can join at any time.

“It’s simple to join N-teens. All you need to do is come to meetings, sign a form, pay dues and then volunteer. If you earn enough hours, you get a paid trip to Six Flags at the beginning of the summer,” Hallowell said.