Future Medical Professionals look to the future

Students in the Future Medical Professionals club listen to guest speakers talk about the future. The club met on Nov. 20 to discuss scholarship and career opportunities.

Megan Barenie and lakecentralnews

On Nov. 20, Future Medical Professionals met in Mrs. Roberta Harnish’s, Science, classroom to discuss the students’ future. After a brief introduction, two current medical school students addressed the class about the students’ future.

“We wanted to let the students know what they need to do for college and answer any possible questions they may have about medicine, undergrad or even life,” Neil, Indiana University Northwest student, said.

Neil and his former classmate, Sid, talked to the students about scholarship opportunities as well as future careers available to them. The students were asked to fill out cards with their personal information on them for future meeting invitations that they may receive.

“This really helped me decide what type of classes I want to take and how hard I am going to have to work if I want to be able to help people when I am older,” Zach Beemsterboer (11) said.