Art show field trip

Hannah Pittman and lakecentralnews

Students from the Region traveled to South Suburban College for the Regional High School Art Exhibit that took place on Friday, Feb. 28. The day began with a welcoming and lectures where Lake Central students gathered along with students from 21 other high schools.

“I just think the art show is a good opportunity for high school students to share their artwork with other students who love and appreciate artwork as well,” Adeline Perez (12) said.

They then went on to announce the Art Merit Awards that were chosen throughout the exhibition.

Riana Revis (12) won Best in High School for Lake Central, along with Hannah Pittman (12) winning Best in Show for Three-Dimensional Artwork, and Alexandra Wail (12) with the “Great Clay Award” Great Lakes Clay and Supply Co. Lindsey Nevins (12) was also announced the Jimmy John’s Great Sandwich Award.

“With all the dedication and diligence I spent on my piece, I was well rewarded with the positive feedback that i received. I am very honored and proud to say that mine won in this show,” Wail said.

After being awarded, the students had a chance to walk around the exhibit and look at all the artwork that was submitted. Workshops and demonstrations by the SSC Art faculty also took place during this time, where students can learn more about wheel throwing.

“It is important to see what other people our age are doing and it’s awesome to see everyone’s talent. In the end, we just help to inspire and support one another by doing what we love,” Perez said.