Varsity Boys’ Long Game Leads to Overtime

In the game against the Portage Indians, Anthony Doreski (11) tries to get the ball away from the opposing team. Doreski plays defender on the Varsity soccer team.

On Wednesday, Sept. 3, the boys Varsity soccer team faced off with the Portage Indians. The game remained tied 1-1 until overtime which ended in 2-2.

“To final score was 2-2. “i think we should have won it earlier, but it’s still good because we still won. I think we played well (during the game) They (Portage) had one shot and that one shot they made and then they got a penalty kick to help them,” Josh Dulski (10) said about the overall game.

In the first half Nikko Kollntzas (10) scored the first goal. Unfortunately moments after the Portage Indians scored a goal, leaving the score tied 1-1 in the first half.

“I was expecting we were going to score right away but we didn’t,” Kollntzas said.

After both forty-minute halves the Indians were tied, leading the game into overtime. At the end of overtime both Indians were tied 2-2. The Lake Central won the penalty kicks 5-4.

“I felt we could’ve done a lot better to win,” Kollntzas said.

The boys next tournament is in Evansville on Saturday, Sept. 6.