Cross Country teams sprint to victory

Tyler Kramer-Stevens (11) and Zachary Hupp (11) lead the pack at the Sectional meet at Gavit. Hupp finished 4th and Kramer-Stevens finished 7th overall.

The boys and girls cross country teams traveled to Riverside Park to compete in the IHSAA sectional meet on Saturday, Oct. 11.

“I think we did pretty well, we really wanted to win but Munster is a really tough team so considering that, I think we went out there and we gave it our all,” Zachary Hupp (11) said.

Kameron Konopasek (11) came in first for the boys team in 2nd place and Jennifer Crague (10) came if first for the girls team in 1st place.

“I just want to get faster and be able to keep up with a kid like [Ryan Kritzer, from Munster] and see if I can go far at the state tournament,” Konopasek said.

The girls came in first with a perfect score of 15 points and the boys came in second with a score of 32 points.

“It was awesome, we were just so happy because when you are running, you don’t know who is behind you so then when you cross the line they were like “we went all 1 through 7”. We don’t think anyone else has done 1 through 7 before, it has only ever been 1 through 6. Even when the had the awesome girls that ran here, they only went 1 through 5. So it was cool to go 1 through 7,” Jennifer Crague (10) said

Both teams head to Lemon Lake Saturday, Oct. 18, for the Regional meet.