Indians beat Andrean 54-33

Joseph+Bannister+%2812%29+races+against+an+Andrean+defender+to+get+a+lay-up.+The+win+over+Andrean+improved+the+Indian%E2%80%99s+record+to+1-1.+
Joseph Bannister (12) races against an Andrean defender to get a lay-up. The win over Andrean improved the Indian’s record to 1-1.

The varsity boys basketball team played against Andrean High School for a Thursday night of basketball. Taking on the Niners in their home gym, the Indians defeated them with a final score of 54-33.

This was their second game of the season, and they improved their record to 1-1. At the first half, the Indians led the game 30-22.

“I was glad to get the first win of the season against a good opponent who’s also a rivalry team, and we look to build off of this win. We hope to get better for games to come,” Joseph Bannister (12) said.

The Indians are starting off fresh after losing seven seniors from last year’s state runner-up team. Three seniors, Ian Martin (12), Amir Ransom (12), and Bannister, are leading the team this year.

“We have a lot of rookies this year, and we lost height [on the team this year]. It’s different. I have to really step up and become a leader, and even when we’re down, we have to pick each other up. Our long-term goal is to get back to state. This season, our goal is to improve, rebuild and to keep getting better,” Martin said.

The Indians will be visiting Gary West Side on Tuesday, Dec. 9. JV will tip off at 6 p.m. and varsity will tip off at 7:30 p.m.