Boys Swimming sets foundation for Sectionals

Kyle Massa (11) swims 200 yard freestyle at the preliminary round of Sectionals. Massa advanced to the 2015 Sectionals Finals.

The Indians hosted the preliminary round of Sectionals for boys swimming on Feb. 19 for the first time in the new pool. Each member of the varsity boys team will advance to the Sectional Finals on Saturday at 9 a.m.

“I’m definitely looking to improve on both of my times because I didn’t go all out at prelims. I just cruised into the finals, so I’m definitely looking on those improvements and hopefully shooting for the school records on Saturday,” Joshua Barajas (12) said.

The Indians look forward to competing on Saturday for the Sectional Title. They were proud of their accomplishments at the preliminary round, but they are ready to get back in the water and get the job done.

“The team did phenomenally. Everyone overachieved on the times they wanted to go. Logan Nippert (11) had a really good swim on his 500 freestyle. All of our 200 freestylers did really well. We have a lot of guys in the top eight. We’re hoping to finish in second place,” Barajas said.