Girls tennis smashes the Wildcats

Emily Birlson (12) returns the ball to her Hanover opponent. Birlson and her partner, Nanveet Kaur (12), played no. 1 varsity doubles.

On April 16 the varsity girls tennis team took on the Hanover Lady Wildcats at home. The Indians beat the Wildcats 5-0.

“As a team we did pretty well. We won 5-0, so it was a good accomplishment,” Nanveet Kaur (12) said.

Even though it is still early on in the season, the girls are currently undefeated and will continue to better their skills for the remainder of the season.

“Yesterday’s game was probably the worst match I have ever played, luckily we still won. I get very rambunctious, so I just need to be patient and focus more. This year we have a young team, but I think that we’re pretty strong. I think that there isn’t a team that we can’t beat,” Emily Birlson (12) said.

The confidence of the girls helps them improve from year to year. This confident attitude has not only boosted the team record, but their attitudes as well.

“I feel like my confidence level when I was a freshman [has improved]. You’re looked at as a freshman, and you’re expected to play like a freshman. I think that I have surpassed that. My confidence has really gotten a lot better from last year to this year. It really affects how you play,” Kristina Tinsley (10) said.