Q&A: Amelia Dudzik, World Language

Miss Amelia Dudzik, World Language, models one of her sombreros. Prior to teaching at LC, Miss Dudzik spent time at Lowell High School.

Nicole Reitz

Q: How long have you been teaching?

A: This is my second year teaching.

Q: What school did you teach at before LC?

A: Lowell High School.

Q: What subjects do you teach?

A: I teach Spanish 1 and 2.

Q: When did you start learning Spanish?

A: Freshmen year of high school.

Q: Where did you graduate college?

A: Purdue [University] Calumet.

Q: Why did you want to become a Spanish teacher?

A: I love Spanish, and while I was taking courses in college, I realized I could help explain things really well to my friends, who were also taking Spanish. I just thought I was really good at explaining, and I also really wanted to help people.

Q: What is your favorite part of teaching Spanish?

A: Probably when I know kids really enjoy it, and they have fun in the class, and they tell me they love Spanish.

Q: Have you ever been to Mexico?

A: I went to Mexico, not this summer, but the summer before. I went with my friend and her family because they own a house in Mexico. We went to Oaxaca, Mexico. It’s in southern Mexico. It’s really nice and beautiful.

Q: How is LC different from when you went here?

A: The way it looks is very different, but I feel in a way it is still the same, it’s not drastically different. They don’t have[student resource time] any more, and they have the matrix period now, which we did not have. There used to be a Spanish club, and now we don’t have a Spanish club unfortunately.  

Q: What is your favorite part about the new construction at LC?

A: I like the pool a lot. It’s beautiful. The new gym is nice too. I like how they still have the same cafeteria, but they have a little commons area outside of it. It’s really nice looking. I like that they offer breakfast in the morning too.