Wearing down the Warriors

Jenna+Bunner+%2810%29+guards+the+ball+from+a+Bishop+Noll+player.+The+defense+gave+up+only+six+points+throughout+the+game.+
Jenna Bunner (10) guards the ball from a Bishop Noll player. The defense gave up only six points throughout the game.

On Tuesday, Nov. 17, the JV girls basketball team had their first home game of the season against Bishop Noll. The Lady Indians maintained a lead the whole game and defeated the Warriors with a score of 61-16.

“I think we played well overall. We played hard the entire game, and we also kept our lead against them,” Anna Weir (10) said.

During the first quarter, Taiylour Kirkwood (10) scored the first eight points for the Indians. The Indians ended the first half with a lead of 34-7. The Lady Indians scored eight more points within the first five minutes of both the third and fourth quarter and ended the game with a total of 61 points.  

Even though the Indians walked off the court with a victory, the girls still realized that they have more aspects to improve on before they go full swing into the season.  

“We need to improve on our ball handling, passing and defense because we got lucky on some plays, but we are not always going to be lucky,” Ashley Todd (10) said.

Since it is the beginning of the season for the Indians, some of the players have set goals for the next couple of games.

“My main goal is for us to work as a team and for us to pull together instead of having a one man game,” Todd said.
The next home game for the Lady Indians will be Saturday, Nov. 21 against Penn High School at 3:00 p.m.