Jazz I and II mark first performance in new auditorium

Students+from+Jazz+II+perform+a+song+in+the+new+auditorium.+Jazz+II+opened+the+jazz+concert.+%0A1211-jazz-pavell-4%3A+
Students from Jazz II perform a song in the new auditorium. Jazz II opened the jazz concert. 1211-jazz-pavell-4:

On Tuesday, Dec. 8, Lake Central’s Jazz Bands I and II broke in the new auditorium for their winter concert, marking the first time anyone has performed on the new stage.

“Performing in the new auditorium made me felt so special. This was my first band performance in high school, and it was a special one. I will always remember it,” Thomas Pavell (9) said.

Mirroring the Kahler Jazz Festival, the jazz bands from the three middle schools were invited to share the stage with the high school jazz bands. This was a first for Lake Central.

“The jazz concert is a great opportunity for middle schoolers to experience both performing in a new, professional space and to listen to the high school groups perform. We like to think of it as their introduction to what the high school jazz program has to offer,” Abigail Keith (12) said.

All of the bands performed myriad jazz songs, many of which were Christmas themed for the holiday season.

“The songs sound much better [than in middle school]. There is actually a bass and really good drummers that know how to play the drums very well. The whole thing felt more lively and enthusiastic,” Pavell said.

Ending the show, the high school and middle school bands came together to pose for a picture, signifying the first performers on the new auditorium stage.

“This is history, folks,” Mr. Christopher Harmon, Band Director, said.