JV girls basketball closes out the season with a victory against Morton

Cheyenne+Mathas+%2810%29+dribbles+the+ball+down+the+court.+Mathas+lead+the+team+in+strong+defense+against+Morton.+
Cheyenne Mathas (10) dribbles the ball down the court. Mathas lead the team in strong defense against Morton.

Wednesday Jan. 27, the JV girls basketball team defeated Morton with a final score of 56-20, closing out the team’s regular season in victory.

“I think we all played good together. We needed to talk more, and we had a couple mistakes. We could of done better,” Sarah Tellas (10) said

The girls started off with a 11-0 lead over Morton, but struggled with defense and failed to score often.  

“Morton is not really a tough competitor, but we always have some competition with everyone. We have to play the best with whoever we play with,” Tellas said.

As the fourth quarter came around, the Indians stepped up their offense to crush Morton.  The girls continued to score and resolved all of their first quarter problems.  

“Our defense could have been a little better, but our offense was pretty good. We got the ball moving a lot,” Jenna Bunner (10) said.

As the girls say goodbye to the regular season, they reflect back on their favorite moments.

“I liked all of the team bonding and pasta parties. We won the DAC, and that was one of our biggest accomplishments,” Justine Misch (9) said.