Topping the Trojans

Cameron+Jarek+%289%29+is+heading+for+a+basket.+He+made+many+shots+for+his+team.+
Cameron Jarek (9) is heading for a basket. He made many shots for his team.

The freshman boys basketball team grabbed a win against the Chesterton Trojans on Jan. 28 with a score of 34-28.

“Other than a couple of turnovers, I think we did really well as a team defensively,” Isaac Beatty (9) said.

The boys kept up the energy during the whole game and made many clean transitions. They also were strong on the defensive side.

“The game went good. Cameron Jarek [9] stepped up and made a lot of shots. He played good for us. We had good defense,” Dominic Ciapponi (9) said.

Along with grabbing a win on Thursday night, the boys have worked hard to have an undefeated season with a record of 16-0 as of right now.

“I don’t think our season could have gotten any better because we’ve had a pretty good record,” Beatty said.

The cheerleaders also worked hard to keep the crowd excited. They cheered on the the sidelines during the game and performed between each quarter.

“It was a good game. It was a close game. It was also intense from the minute it started,” Delaney McGrath (9) said.

Since the season is coming to an end for the freshman boys, they are looking forward to playing again next year.

“Definitely just coming in from a different school, I think I played pretty well. I am really excited for next year,” Beatty said.

The boys are going to continue to work hard at practices to end their first season on a high school level undefeated.

“I like playing at a high school level a lot. I’m planning on playing again next year because I want to get better,” Ciapponi said.