Indians take on the Red Devils

The infielders meet up at the pitcher’s mound to celebrate the previous out. The Indians are 6-0 for the season.

The Indians faced off against the Lowell Red Devils at home, Thursday, April 14. The varsity softball team is currently 6-0 for the season.

“We are very close as a team. We all get along very well and make it fun. [Being a freshman on varsity] is a very cool and humbling experience [for me],” Gabriella Carra (9) said.

It is not all fun and games for the ladies, and sometimes it is necessary for time to be put in outside of the scheduled practices and games.

“I usually hit every day for about an hour and 30 minutes to two hours. [I] also work on my defense, fielding ground balls and fly balls. Personally, I need to improve on hitting, just choosing a good pitch to drive and help out my team as much as I can,” Crystal Guzman (11) said.

Throughout the game, the players shifted in the infield showing the different positions they could play. The three outfielders stayed the same.

“As a team, I think we are solid both offensively and defensively. One thing we could improve on would just be getting our runners in and not leave them on base. Other than that we’re a fun and good group of teammates that get the job done,” Guzman said.

The Indians beat the Red Devils 4-1 after a six inning game. Their next game is away at Franklin Central on Saturday, April 16.