Lake Central athletics gets a new look

Lake Central High School’s new video board is attached to the top of the original score board. The video board will be used for previously loaded animations and videos.

On Thursday, Aug. 18, Lake Central Athletics officially installed a new video board on the football field. This is the first time in the school’s history that a video display will be shown during a sporting event, and its intention is to bring the full atmosphere to football games.

“When [construction workers] built the scoreboard last year, there were tresses [a framework, typically consisting of rafters, posts, and struts, supporting a structure] left open for the installation of the video board at some point. [The administration] looked at what we could do to enhance the atmosphere of all of our events, and the one thing [we felt necessary] was to fill out those tresses so it looks complete,” Mr. Enyeart, Athletic Director, said.

The purpose of the video board will be to show animations and videos that have been previously uploaded and designed by the administration and LCTV. Along with the impact of the video board on the school, Mr. Enyeart shows optimism in potentially making Lake Central Athletics an event for the whole community.

“[The administration] hopes the video board brings everyone together and gets us coordinating with businesses and building relationships through our sponsorship program. Not only do we benefit from the experience and relationship we have with them, but they also can pick up business from the people in attendance,” Mr. Enyeart said.

For the time being, only the previously made footage will be shown on the video board. Once a second video board is put up in the gym, the athletic department and LCTV will have the chance to project live footage. The outdoor video board will make its first working appearance on Friday, Aug. 19, when the varsity football team kicks off their season against the Munster Mustangs.