Varsity boys soccer defeats Michigan City Wolverines

On Wednesday, Aug. 24, the varsity boys soccer team defeated the Michigan City Wolverines with a final score of 6-3. After a tough end to last season, the boys trained hard in the summer and have been able to start this season with a perfect 5-0 record.  

“We have had a great start because we have been pushing through a really hard summer, especially since last years defeat at Semi State. It was a tough loss, and ever since then we have been working extra hard for this season,” Christopher Baranowski (12) said.

After such a successful season last year, and an almost flawless start to this season, it is hard to not look ahead to possible postseason titles. For this team, though, state championships are not just something that has been brought up this year, but instead it is something that has been dreamt of for a while.

“It’s hard to not look too far ahead after a start like this. I’ve known this group of kids, so I’ve been dreaming about this moment for a good portion of my life.  While a lot of my friends were out doing a lot of things with their families and enjoying vacations, I’ve dedicated time to this group for the sole purpose of dancing in Indianapolis in October,” Head Coach Jereme Rainwater, Vocational, said.

The team will go for their sixth straight win on Monday, Aug. 29, in Munster against the Mustangs.