Bumping out the competition

The varsity volleyball team stands waiting for their home opener to begin. The girls won all three sets.

On Monday Aug. 8, the varsity volleyball team competed in their home opener against Highland and defeated them in all three sets.

“I think the game went really well. We were able to work on some things at somewhat of a slower pace and we were able to fix up some things we needed,” Mhejhana Williams (12) said.

The team came out fighting and easily took the first two sets with final scores of 25-11 and 25-9.

“This game helped us get another win under our belts, which helps with the team’s confidence,” Peyton Crnjak (10) said.

During the final set, Highland put up a fight and LC fell behind slightly. However, they quickly brought their score back up and pulled together a 25-20 win.

“Highland has a developing program but they can give us a run for our money. We can’t let up on them, just like any other team,” Taylor Marten (10) said

The girls still have the rest of the season to work with each other and build up team chemistry. Their next home game is Thursday, Sept. 1 at 5 pm.

“I was glad we got to fine-tune our game for future games, but I think our team is still trying to get used to playing with each other,” Marten said.