Victory over the ‘Stangs

Lake Central sophomore, starting point guard Isaac Beaty (10), defends a Munster shooting guard. The next JV game will be Jan. 10, 2017

The boys JV  basketball team took on the Munster Mustangs at home Dec. 20. The Indians went into the first quarter with energy and left the fourth quarter with energy, the Indians held off to defeat the Mustangs 57-40.

“We played good defense, and picked up our offense throughout the second half, and that’s what won us the game,” Dawson Cheney (10) said.

After the win over Munster, Lake Central’s season record jumped to 5-2. Mistakes were made during this game that kept it very close.

“Our rebounding could have been better. We gave too many up and that’s what kept them in the game,” Cheney said.

With the big rivalry against Munster, Lake Central’s students section came out to support the team. With Christmas being four days away, they decided to go with a Christmas themed section.

“The student section helps our play. They are always there to cheer us on. They get us into the game and make us play better,” Cheney said.

Lake Central will play next year on Jan. 10 against Highland at home.