Baseball Camp commences

Boys do pitching and catching exercises with Coach Grant Weinmann. This year was Weinmann’s first year as a volunteer pitching coach at Lake Central.

Baseballs cluttered the fieldhouse as the baseball camp members helped students improve their skills on Wednesday, Jan. 18. Head coach Mike Swartzentruber, Business, and volunteer pitching coach Grant Weinmann ran the camp and helped Lake Central boys improve their baseball skills. The camp included conditioning as well as batting and pitching practice.  

To help the players improve their skills, Coach Swartzentruber led batting practice in the left half of the fieldhouse. Boys rotated from this to the right side of the gym, where pitching Coach Weinmann led pitching exercises.

“This is my first year as the pitching coach,” Weinmann, the volunteer pitching coach, said. “For the pitchers here, we are pretty much just getting loose and just starting the season with our throwing program to get us ready for the spring, when we start going.”

Many attendees of the conditioning camp attended to improve for the upcoming baseball seasons.  Those who came worked on their skills to perform their best at the tryouts for the team in March.

“I went to get better [at baseball] and have the coaches see me,” Brock Bevil (9) said.