Serving it up against Munster

The+team+gathers+around+Coach+Bryan+Szalonek%2C+Social+Studies%2C+and+Coach+Joseph+Skvarek.+The+team+took+a+loss+against+the+Munster+Mustangs.++
The team gathers around Coach Bryan Szalonek, Social Studies, and Coach Joseph Skvarek. The team took a loss against the Munster Mustangs.

The JV and varsity girls tennis team put up quite the fight against the Munster Mustangs on Tuesday, April 26.

“Our team has really improved this season considering there are freshman and sophomores playing higher positions. Even though we lost, I think we did really well. We put up a fight and we are like one big family,” Holly Pasko (11) said.

Even though the team lost, Kristen Tinsley (12) was the topic of talk during the match. Tinsley played her vicious match against a Munster freshman.

“It was the greatest match I’ve ever seen between two high school players. The girl she played was a freshman who has a bright tennis career ahead of her as does Tinsley. I’m proud that Tinsley fought through it and came out victorious in the end. She played tremendously,” Danica Mileusnic (10) said.

Throughout the season, the team has become very close and cannot wait to take on their biggest rival: Crown Point.

“Our team’s chemistry is really good. We all get along very well and support our team no matter what. It is hard to compare each season. New competition, new teammates and new expectations make each year enjoyable, but I am looking forward to the Crown Point matches during the season and Sectionals. These games will be tough, but I know my team has what it takes to beat them,” Colette Oboy (11) said.

The next match the girls will have is April 27 against Crown Point.