Striving for Sectionals

+Coach+Ralph+Holden%2C+Social+Studies%2C+talks+to+two+team+members+during+their+match.+Lake+Central+won+the+match+against+Hanover+5-0.%0A
Coach Ralph Holden, Social Studies, talks to two team members during their match. Lake Central won the match against Hanover 5-0.

On Monday, Sept. 18, the varsity boys tennis team defeated Hanover High School with a final score of 5-0.

“I think [the match] went really well. Obviously there were a few things that I can work on, but overall it went really well, ” Ammaar Mohammad (11) said.

Although this was just a regular season match for the Indians, the boys see this win as another step toward reaching their goal of winning Sectionals.

“It was more of a match to get us ready for Sectionals because that’s what our main focus is right now,” Andrew Walsh (11) said.

Before Sectionals begins for the team, the boys are constantly practicing and giving their all in their regular season matches to be as strong as possible when Sectionals finally rolls around.

“Right now we’re 3-3 in [Duneland Athletic] conference so we’re looking to get a win to bring us over 500 and then go into Sectionals strong. Overall, I think it’s been a good season,” Walsh said.

The Indians will be competing in Sectionals on Wednesday, Sept. 27 at Crown Point High School.