Spiking to Success

Josephine Mulligan (9) serving the ball to the other team. Milligan successfully served the ball scoring a point for LC.

On Monday, Sept. 25 the JV volleyball team played against Bishop Noll. Although the team has had a rough season so far, LC won the match 25-17 in the first set and 25-9 in the second.

“It’s been rough for us. We’ve had one of our top players fairly early in the season get a concussion and missed seven matches in a row. Then another one of my key players broke her ankle and is out for the season. It’s been up and down. They were really talented and we just haven’t gotten the results that we were hoping we would get, but they’re not down about it, there’s nothing we can really do we just keep fighting and keep trying”, Coach Chris Tinbeg said.

Despite these hindrances, the team still manages to work together and work hard at winning matches. The players all stepped up and contributed to the win in Monday’s game.

“I felt we played well and the strategy that the coach gave us was really good too. I learned that sometimes you don’t always have to crank away at the ball and if you tip that could give you good points”, Jillian Moore (10) said.

From every game something new can be learned even if it is something small, similarly to what Moore had learned.

“My setters did a really nice job, outside hitters did good. Everyone stepped up and contributed,’ coach Tinbeg said.