Lady Indians run the DAC

Hannah Roth (10) races to the finish line. She had just completed her third and final lap.

On Saturday, Sept. 30, the varsity girls cross country team ran at the Duenland Athletic Conference meet. The race was a 5k and was held at Lake Central. The girls’ effort payed off and they were able to place fifth overall.

“Throughout the season we’ve worked hard [in preparation for] this meet, and we really wanted to do good at this meet and we just worked hard to get here,” Rachel Kujawa (10) said.

The girls had been working on improving throughout this season to place well during the DAC race. Their teamwork and strengths helped them do well during this season and during this race.

“They are all very close and they all work together really well as a team.  They push each other, they care about each other, I think that helps them race better,” Coach Morgan Kleinaman said.

They were able to race and have a good time and ultimately placed fifth in the race against seven other teams.

“[The girls] did really well, they had really good times, they all went out really hard, they competed, they all looked like they wanted [to win] today and they came out and raced really well so over-all it was good.  I was very happy with the fifth place finish,” Kleinaman said.