Gymnastics loses to Chesterton

Gabrielle Devries (11) jumps during her floor routine. The girls competed on Feb. 6.

On Tuesday, Feb. 6, the Lake Central gymnastics team competed against Chesterton High School. The Indians lost to the Trojans 113.95-101.325.

“They are the number one team in the state, so I think are chances weren’t great at winning, but we did really good because four people on our team are sick and injured and didn’t compete so we only competed with six people,” Allison Mybeck (9) said.

The team worked hard, but they all agree that there are room for improvements.

“I think we can be more confident in ourselves because we tend to get wobbly on beam if we second guess ourselves so we just need to work on confidence,” Mybeck said.

Jennifer Campos (11) suffered an injury a few weeks ago during practice, but she still competed.

“I think I could have done better, but I think I did the best I could do under my circumstances,” Campos said.

Coming out of the meet, the girls felt good about going into their next meet.

“We had four no fall beam routines so I think that’s going to help bost us and do better in all of our upcoming meets,” Mybeck said.

Gabrielle Devries (11) placed sixth on floor, fifth on vault and bars, third on beam and fourth in all-around, Madison O’Drobinak (12)  placed sixth in the all-around and Allison Mybeck (9) placed fifth in the all-around.

The teams next meet is Wednesday, Feb. 14, at LaPorte High School against LaPorte.