Serving up a win

+Briana+Garcia+%2810%29+plays+singles+during+the+match+and+volleys+the+ball+over.+This+was+Garcia%E2%80%99s+second+year+being+apart+of+the+tennis+team.+%0A
Briana Garcia (10) plays singles during the match and volleys the ball over. This was Garcia’s second year being apart of the tennis team.

The JV and varsity girls tennis team played against Merrillville High School at home on Thursday, April 26. The JV girls won with a score of 8-3, and the varsity girls won with a score of 5-0.

The girls tennis team consists of 34 girls who started the season earlier this month. Even with the weather and cancellations of matches, the girls always do their best to prepare for upcoming events.

“I think the team as a whole is doing great considering we lost a good chunk of our varsity starters. There is more we can improve on but that will develop with more practice and matches,” Briana Garcia (10) said.

Before any game or match, it is not unusual for people who are apart of any team to have little traditions that they like to do before they go out on the court or field.

“I also have on my white headband, spin my racquet about five times and I always tie my right shoe regular style while I tie my left shoe the bunny ear way,” said Garcia.

The next match will be away on Tuesday, May 1, against Michigan City High School.