Tied for first

Madisen Tucker (12) and Gabriella Cara (11) high-five during the game. Lake Central beat Crown Point 9-1

After previously losing to Crown Point earlier in the season, the varsity softball team bounced back and defeated Crown Point on Tuesday, May 1 with a final score of 9-1.

“I think the game went amazing. Starting in warmups, we had such positive energy and everyone was super hyped to play. We also wanted a little revenge since they beat us pretty bad at their field,” Jessica Keifor (12) said.

Following their first game against Crown Point, the team knew they had to go into their second game mentally strong to succeed.

“I think the most important thing we had to prepare for this game was our mentality. We knew we had the talent to out-work Crown Point, but we also knew they could do it right back to us. We had to stay confident the whole game, but not cocky, even down to the last out of the game,” Keifor said.

This game was significant for the Indians as it marks the Indians now being tied for first place in the Duneland Athletic Conference championship with the Bulldogs.

“Being the DAC champs was a big goal, but our number one goal is to win the State championship,” Keifor said.

The next varsity softball game takes place on Tuesday, May 8 against Valparaiso.