Freshman Volleyball takes another win

+As+the+game+begins%2C+the+girls+high-five+each+other+to+get+their+energy+up.++The+girls+won+in+two+sets+to+Michigan+City.
As the game begins, the girls high-five each other to get their energy up. The girls won in two sets to Michigan City.

On Thursday, Sept. 28th, the Lake Central freshman volleyball team faced the Michigan City freshman team. The team won the game in two sets, winning the first set 25-11 and the second set 25-6.

“[Last night] the teams played all right, it could have been better for the Varsity Team. Besides that, everyone played well and we just need to mesh together as a team,” Claire Bender (9) said.

The Freshman team has a new coach this year, Savanna Jurkovic. She has been working hard this season to introduce the freshman to the team and lead them to an undefeated season.

“The freshman are fun. I like them. They’re energetic. It is also their first year in highschool, so I am happy to help them on and off the court. There [have] been some [losses] against Crown Point and Munster [so], they have been our toughest competition so far. I wish we could have won those games, but other than that, I am very pleased with our season,” Jurkovic said.  

As the season draws to a close, Jurkovic and Bender reflect on how the team has done this season.  

“[The team is] a great group to work with. I am happy with how far this season has gone, and how they are doing.” Jurkovic said.

[My first year on team] was good, they pushed us really hard this year. It was good to start off really strong. The season has gone great, we just have to keep going.” Bender said.