Charlotte’s Web Review

The+stage+lights+shine+on+props+waiting+for+the+show+to+begin.+The+show+was+performed+on+Oct.+19%2C+20%2C+23+and+24.+
The stage lights shine on props waiting for the show to begin. The show was performed on Oct. 19, 20, 23 and 24.

Radiant. Terrific. Humble. Some Play. The Lake Central Theatre Company put on the production of Charlotte’s Web on Oct. 19, 20, 23 and 24. Over the weekend, the show was open to the public and on the weekdays, the show was exclusive to the elementary students in the corporation.

Stephanie Gustas (12) played Wilbur, the pig, and Charlotte, the spider, was played by both Jane Wright (12) and Paige Varady (11) depending on the day of the play. The cast and crew did an amazing job with the production and very much deserved the round of applause at the end.

Although the show was entertaining for all ages, it was clearly geared towards a younger audience. One highlight was when the cast brought the show into the audience and asked for hints regarding where Wilbur the pig went when he ran away.

Elementary students gathered to see the show in correspondence with the One Book, One District program centered around Charlotte’s Web. Arguably, the best part of the production was the fact that the elementary students were able to see the book they have been reading for months come to life.

The LCTC’s next main production will be The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee in March of 2019. If you missed this production, be sure to see the next one, for the company always does an amazing job.