Coasting to win over Hobart

Abbey Oedzes (10) makes a drive toward the basket. Oedzes was a big part of the win against Hobart.

The girls varsity basketball team took on Hobart on Tuesday, Dec. 4. They won 68-33.

“I think tonight was a good game boost for us for the season. I think it boosted our confidence,” said Abby Oedzes (10).

The girls started off the game with a strong lead but started to slow down into the second quarter.

“I thought we got off to a good start. And then we coasted a little bit and got a little bit lazy defensively, but overall [we] accomplished the things that we wanted to do,” head coach Joe Huppenthal said.

Even with the win, the team always believes there is room for improvement.

“I think we all did a good job and we all contributed to scoring. We need to get better at communicating on defense and making sure we stay on the gas on offense,” Allie Mularski (11) said.

Most of the players got time in the game and the team was happy with the win.

“I thought we got to play a lot of kids today. [We] got some of our young kids some more experience so that’s always good. Anytime you get some minutes [in] it’s always a good thing. We just have to continue to win games,” Coach Huppenthal said.