A Close Call

Jack+Davis+%2812%29+watches+as+the+basketball+balances+off+of+the+rim.+He+was+alert+and+ready+to+take+charge+of+the+ball.+
Jack Davis (12) watches as the basketball balances off of the rim. He was alert and ready to take charge of the ball.

On Tuesday, Jan. 15, the boys varsity basketball team faced off against the Lowell Red Devils. It was a close call multiple times, however, the Indians pulled through with a score of 72-67.

“We expected a close game. When games get tight, as a coach, you try and focus on the next play and not worry about what just happened,” Coach Dave Milausnic, math, said.

The team gained yet another win to add to their streak, but there was not much of a student section to cheer them on and support them.

“I [understand]  it was a Tuesday, but I wish more people came because it was a great game,” Mark Mileusnic (10) said.

A student section was not the only thing the game lacked. An absence of defense was also a concern to some of the players.

“We needed to tighten up defensively,  which I thought we did later, and that got us the win,” Jack Davis (12) said.

With the lack of defense in mind, the team is aware of the improvements that have to be made in order to advance.
“[My hopes are to] improve every week; just get better. We have to make a lot of improvements if we want to compete for a sectional,” Coach Mileusnic said.

Don’t miss out on the boys’ next game on Friday, Jan. 18 at Valparaiso High School starting at 7 p.m.