Tribute to the seniors

The team cheers on Angel Harper (11) after making a home run. The team met her at home plate.

On Wednesday, May 15th, the varsity girls softball team defeated the Highland Trojans.They celebrated Senior Night and had a ceremony before the game recognizing all the seniors for their hard work and dedication throughout their high school career. The night ended with a shutout with the final score 10-0, the Indians took the win.

“Playing varsity softball my whole four  years of high school has helped me to create so many relationships and it’s very special being able to represent my school with pride. Starting as a freshman was very intimidating because I had to jump into a whole new atmosphere. Every year, I just kept getting more comfortable and confident and I challenged myself to become a leader in every way possible.” Gabriella Carra (12) said.

Throughout the season, the team as a whole has worked to improve every day. The seniors have taken on the responsibility to push and motivate the younger players on the team.

“[If I had to give my younger teammates some advice it would be] it’s your last season wearing the Indians jersey and it’s going to go by much faster than you think. Make the most out of every practice, game, bus ride, everything!” said Jenna Towle (12)

Last year, the varsity girls softball team were State Runner Ups, unfortunately they had the majority of their starting players graduate. But, this hasn’t stopped them from trying their hardest in every game. With that being a setback, so far their record is 25-3 and the girls just won he DAC title.

¨Being the young team that we are this year, our team has done a great job of stepping up and filling in the roles that needed to be filled. everyone’s always getting the job done and i think that’s why we’ve had such a successful season so far.¨ Gabriella Carra (12) said.