The Varsity Baseball team gains a win on senior night

Max+Born+%2812%29+is+ready+to+swing+at+an+oncoming+pitch.+Born+was+injured+on+April+20+throwing+a+curveball+but+was+cleared+to+bat.+
Max Born (12) is ready to swing at an oncoming pitch. Born was injured on April 20 throwing a curveball but was cleared to bat.

Varsity boys baseball had Senior Night on May 17. They honored the 8 seniors on the team at their last home game of the season. The boys won the game with a final score of 4-3. The team, especially the seniors, were happy for their win at their last home game of the season.

“Yes, I would say we met our expectations we went out there and competed and gave it everything we got out there. I would say all of our games are competitive we always try to go out there and play the best baseball we can and compete at the highest level possible,” Jake Dykstra (12) said.

One of the main pitchers Max Born (12) injured his pitching arm in a game about a month ago.

“I got hurt April 20, against Penn. I hurt my shoulder throwing a curveball.  I was pretty upset sitting out half the season, but I’m working my way back to be able too hit,” Born said.

Even though their season is coming to an end, they do have the State Tournament coming up. The State Tournament is being held at Munster on Wednesday May 22. The coach has high expectations but believes the boys have the ability to beat Munster at sectionals.

“We did beat [Munster] in the season but that does not mean anything and in the State Tournament it is a thing if you lose you are out so you never know but I do anticipate a very good game with them. We have won sectionals the past two years, so I do expect them to bring it home this year,” Coach Mike Swartzentruber (Business) said.