Hopes for 2021

Bailey Egan, Print Staff

The new year is right around the corner, and after experiencing 2020, many people are anxiously waiting to see what 2021 brings. I know I have many expectations for the new year, and I hope those expectations are met.

On Dec. 31, 2019, people, including myself, said, “2020 is going to be the best year yet,” or something along those lines. A few months in, COVID-19 stopped that from happening when the whole country went into lockdown. People soon began to realize that 2020 would not be their finest year. Now that the end is near, I hope nothing stops 2021 from being the best year yet.

The country has come a long way since the start of the pandemic, and the lives of the entire population were dramatically changed. Wearing masks was one of those major adjustments, but it was necessary. I am hoping people will continue to wear masks and social distance to allow 2021 to be a better future. Everyone should take caution when going out and interacting with others to make sure we can start to see some normalcy in the upcoming new year.  

Although “normal” will look different in 2021, I am hoping we can get as close to our old “normal” as we can. For example, many changes and adjustments have to be made at school to ensure the safety of the students and staff, but physically being in the building and walking from class to class is close to how it used to be. There may not have been a homecoming and the hallways may look different, but I hope that the student body and staff will continue to take precautions to make sure we can get closer to normal in the upcoming school year. 

I know the country is nowhere near back to exactly the way it was in January of 2020, but I hope with social dista