Cobra Kai Season 3 review

Released on Jan. 1, we are kicking off the New Year with season three of Cobra Kai. (Photo by Curtis Bonds Baker/Netflix/TNS).

Trista Thompson, Print Staff

Cobra Kai, a Netflix/Youtube Red show that portrays the lives of the characters of Karate Kid after their teenage days, released their third season on Jan. 1. The season contains 10 episodes, each 30 to 40 minutes long. Within the season, there are plot twists, character developments and suspenseful scenes.

Throughout the season you get to see Miguel, one of the main characters, learn how to walk again after taking a traumatic fall off the second floor of his school. Believing that they are doing a good thing, the Cobra Kai students (now under Johnny Kreese’s watch) try to fight Miyagi-Do for what they believe they did to Miguel. Johnny Lawrence stays true to himself and helps Miguel get back on his feet, while also trying to gain his relationship back with his son, Robbie.

Johnny Kreese got more powerful students into Cobra Kai, kicking out members who lost fights. Knowing that he won’t get his original dojo back, Miguel helps Johnny Lawerence open a new dojo, Eagle Fang. Recruiting doesn’t go well for them, so they opened with Miguel and all of the members that were kicked out of Cobra Kai. Miguel is left trying to gain back his fighting skills.  

During this season you will even see more characters from the past movies, such as, Alli Mills from the first Karate Kid and Kumiko and Chozen from Karate Kid Part II. Kumkio and Chozen reconnected with Danny in Okinawa while Danny was there to save his car dealership. Alli Mills reconnected with Johnny Lawrence and Danny and shared old memories while she was in town for the holidays. 

Ending the season with a cliffhanger, episode 10 is full of surprises. Hawk (Eli Moskowitz) realizes what Cobra Kai is doing is wrong and joins back with his friends. There is only one thing that Sensai Kreese has over Johnny Lawrence: Robbie. Johnny, going to fight Kreese, did not expect to see his son learning karate from him. After fighting Kreese, Johnny and Daniel decide to join forces and teach their students together so that they can win the competition against Kreese so that he will leave for good.

In my opinion, Cobra Kai is a great show and I would recommend it to a friend, as well as watch it again.