Preparing to Perform

Seniors Jacob Quintanilla and Alex Tinklenberg are rehearsing an intense scene from the upcoming fall show. Quintanilla plays the part of Pillage, a Civil War veteran, and Tinklenberg plays the part of Bachmann, a German chief.

On Tuesday, Oct. 9, the theater club had a rehearsal for their upcoming show, The Harvey Girls, which opens on Nov. 2.

Theater rehearses three times a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 2:30 to 5:00 p.m, then Thursday from 5:00-7:30 p.m. Every rehearsal starts off with shakes and jumps to get everyone’s bodies loose, then they continue on with tongue-twisters to warm up their voices. After this, they start to run through the scenes.

“At first I was really skeptical, because no one had really heard of [The Harvey Girls] before, but then [I] read [the] script, and I got to thinking, and it’s actually a really good show,” Caroline Janiga (11) said.

Janiga plays Whistle, the Indian, one of the main Harvey Girls.

“The other Harvey Girls and I get along really well,” Janiga said.

Jillian Ryan (12) is a student director along with Juliet Johnson (10) and Kayleigh Kullmann (12).

“The show is coming along pretty well. I didn’t know anything about it at first. It’s funny if you pay attention to small details, and all actors seem to be trying really hard to make it the best that they can, “ Ryan said.