Top Tier Costumes

Whatever sends a chill down your spine on Halloween, chances are there’s a haunted house for you in Dallas-Fort Worth. (Dreamstime/TNS)

As leaves fall and the air gets colder, people begin arranging and getting together their Halloween costumes for Oct. 31.  Ranging from superheroes to celebrities, people have a large variety of options to dress up as. This year consists of a mix of different and unique costumes  which interestingly parallels the pop culture trends in 2023 such as Wednesday Addams, Barbie, Taylor Swift: Eras Tour Outfits, and many other iconic characters. 

“Topping the list, Wednesday Addams has been dubbed as 2023’s most in-demand Halloween costume with nearly 570,000 searches,” Barrhead News said. 

Another famous character rising up in the ranks of costume ideas is the classic Barbie. The popular blockbuster movie that came out this summer and has inspired many people to dress up as the iconic Barbie or Ken doll. 

“In second place, with over 554,000 searches from August 2022 to July 2023, was Barbie,” Barrhead News said. 

Coming up third in the list is the Era’s Tour costumes from the Taylor Swift concert. Ranging from Swift’s Anti Hero sparkle shirt dress to her 22 music video outfit, there are lots of popular Taylor Swift inspired outfits to choose from.

“Unless you’ve been living under a rock, ‘The Eras Tour’ is basically all anyone has talked about this year besides ‘Barbenheimer’. Save your sparkliest attire to recreate some of Taylor’s iconic looks from the tour,” Yardbarker Entertainment News said. 

The last costume prediction for this year ties in with the combination of famous movie characters from the classic stunt aviator known as Maverick to the live action version of an original Disney princess film that came out this past summer.

“…Tom Cruise’s “Top Gun: Maverick” pilot and Disney princess Ariel from “The Little Mermaid” are also in the top 10,” Syracuse.com said.