Baking Banana Bread

On Feb. 15, the FCCLA got together for a meeting in room D205. FCCLA stands for Family Career Consumer Leaders of America, and Mrs. Jennifer Schmidt, Family and Consumer Science, is the sponsor of the club. They do community service projects and fundraisers. They also go to a fall state rally to participate in different projects and events. This week FCCLA members wanted to show their appreciation to the school resource officers, so they baked banana bread for them.

“Some of the activities we participate in are child development, baking and cooking (Nutrition & Wellness), sewing and much more. This club operates through school systems in many different states,” Abigail DeVries (9) said.

Students participate in FCCLA  to make a difference in their community. By giving back to the town, club members get different advantages that will help them in their futures.

“My favorite activity that we have done so far was going down to state near Danville, Indiana. We went around September and met other school members around Indiana and learned more about FCCLA. It was basically like a beginning of the year pep rally for the organization and helped get everyone planned for the year ahead. After being in the club for two or more years, you can apply for different types of scholarships, which will benefit anyone when they apply for college. It looks really great on resumes,” Brooke Kennedy (10) said.