School Board Awards

On April 2,the first school board meeting of the month occurred. 

They started off awarding teachers and other staff who have done an excellent job in helping students with special needs and accommodations. This is called the CPAC impact awards, and they were handed out to several people throughout the course of the meeting. The school board first off shared positive stories about the people who won the awards and explained how they went above and beyond in helping their students. Mrs. Burton announced the awards to several different teachers and staff, and the school board helped pass out the awards to each person. 

Next, they moved on to sports statistics and went over how much different fees were from traveling to competitions and equipment.  They also talked about students who have won awards this past year for various competitions and events. Afterwards, they welcomed a new high school football coach, and he introduced himself to the board. 

Later on, Mrs. Regan, assistant principal of the high school, stepped up to introduce changes to the agenda. She discussed how in the following years they’d switch to an online version of the agenda since many students don’t use the paper copy anymore. She also went through and explained some disciplinary changes within the agenda. After she presented that, the board approved Mr. Castaneda presented similar changes to the agenda for the middle school (Grimmer) where they implemented new rules and regulations and edited some items within it as well. 

Next, they welcomed Ms. Joanna, who teaches science at Grimmer Middle School. She discussed several science sessions she was able to attend through HASTI (Hoosier Association Science Technology Inc.) and how she would go about incorporating them into the curriculum with her students. Some topics were climate change, the solar eclipse and wildlife and utilizing generative AI technology. Lastly, they wrapped up the meeting with discussions on the bases of demolition, improving the school and economics.