Students Put in Time and Effort Volunteering

Every Thursday, any student wanting to help out goes to Room 200 for N-Teens. N-Teens is not just an extracurricular activity, it is an opportunity for students to do some good out there.

“They [the members of N-Teens] have volunteered with organizations in the Tri-Town area, elementary schools, day cares and local hospitals. We’ve worked with animals, fun fairs, soup kitchens, Habitat for Humanity, and lots of other places. Pretty much, where someone needs us, we go,” Mrs. Erin Rawls, supervisor, said.

Being a part of an after school club can keep a student in line. It teaches fundamentals of the world and helping others.

“I’m blessed to have been born with the life I live and family I have. N-Teens gives me an opportunity to help the people out there who are less fortunate than me,” Nicholas Grimmer (10) said.

Service Work is not the only thing members of N-Teens do; this club is a gateway to new friendships.

“I wanted to join N-Teens to make some new friends and get involved with my school. I’ve always wanted to do more volunteer work too. Volunteering makes me feel like a good person,” Kassie Woodworth (10) said.

N-Teens is a pathway for the members from volunteering for high school to volunteering for the world.

“It shows [the members of N-Teens] that there are people who need help out there and there are fun things that they can get involved with their community and get involved with to have fun,” Rawls said.