Athletic Booster Club Discusses Mascot, Schedule

Forty members of the athletic booster club gather in the LGI. Beth Toth, the vice president, went over fundraisers and different events benefiting sport teams.

On Monday night, Feb. 11, the Athletic Boosters Club members met to discuss various topics including the new schedule, a possible new mascot and upcoming fundraisers.

“A committee of 26 worked to find an alternative schedule. We looked at a trimester and the classic 7-period day.” Mr. Robin Tobias, Principal, said,

Eventually, to continue a block scheduling format, the committee came to an agreement: The matrix schedule, Tobias explained to the club.

“In regards to a new mascot, we’ve tabled it for now. We are focused on different matters,” Tobias said.

They set the idea of a new mascot aside because so many other changes are already happening. After Tobias talked about this, he left and talk of the fundraisers began.

“The athletic booster club is having its fourth annual Support The Tribe Fundraiser on April 26. The money raised will benefit all Lake Central sports, ”Beth Toth, Athletic Booster Vice President said.

The fundraiser will be held at Patrician Banquet in Schererville.

“We also have two raffles and we urge people to buy and sell the tickets. We usually put dinner gift cards, hair products and things like that in the winning basket, ”Toth said

Instead, this year, they are giving away a vacation to a Florida condo and LASIK eye surgery.